Monday, April 9, 2007

TODAY

















I've not been doing much lately. And I became stalled on the last little horse. The mane is pinned in place. Just needs to be sewn down. Poor thing. I didn't get to a bunny made for Easter. Although, I did cut one out of a peach velour. Then decided I didn't care for the feel of the fabric for it. The velour was originally intended for doll making.
I hate it when I do that puts me out of countenance and makes it hard for me to get back to it.
I've been plagued with my IBS and headaches again. Let me tell you, it is very annoying.
I am working on a pattern for a small Lamb toy now.
I had believed that once I had retired, I would have all kinds of time to make
dolls and my toys and sew for my special dolls. Well, 'taint happenin'.
I don't know if I mentioned this before, but, I had told my Hb. that since our surrounding isn't really very conducive to having a garden. We just won't have one. What there is does cover up the dirt. So, at least I had green to look at. Well, he went out and found some plants and put them in pots to see if we can get a container thing going. so, far it is rather nice. However, come the hot weather, everything will go down.
But, oh well, what the heck anyway.
And there will be no more Primroses until this October and November!?!?
The Iris in the common flower beds are blooming but the snails are having a real feast, so the flowers do not last long.
The Apple Tree outside our bedroom bloomed nicely this year. Last year there was so much rain for so long, that there were not many blooms or apples. However, this year we have a shortage of rain. so, come Summer there will be conservation in place again. The Water Co. will love that.

1 comment:

LauraHinNJ said...

Your apple blossoms are so very beautiful! What a delicate shade of pink.

I love to put flowers in containers. You're right - it's hard to keep them when it gets really hot, but I'd imagine that as a floral designer you must be able to come up with some really breathtaking arrangements! That's what I like to try for anyway. combining different textures and colors in one pot that the critters won't eat!