Wednesday, September 19, 2007

WINDS OF TIME



Today used to be my Dad's birthday. I try not to think too much about it.
The song I think of for him is: Oh, my Papa. No we are not Italian. But the song does resonate for me. Because to me, he was so very wonderful. He wished the best for me. And did his best.
He was honest, straightforward and uncomplicated. He was well liked by everyone who knew him or met him. He was a rare man, in as much as he never had any enemies. Ever.
Of course he wasn't perfect. Who is. He was a human being. I loved him as a Father and as a person.
I miss him every day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY.
******************************
The fields of 'Always Summer'
where the blue cornflowers
forever grow,
The gentle air wafts the
fragrant daisies
And the scented pinks to and fro.
Everything we ever wanted,
everyone that we have known.
Are waiting there to greet us
now that time has flown.
Yes, in this place of 'always ever'.
In brightness, joy, and grace.
Is where we go, 'at end of day'.
T'is the place we abide
after the turmoil of this side.
Open meadows of grass and flowers,
Through which we dance,
celebrate and play.
Orchards full of trees in
both fruit and flower,
Create a glorious bower,
a setting for loving Greetings
of those we have missed,
They rejoice to see us,
at last in exquisite bliss.
----------------------------------------
For Mom and Dad

No comments: