Saturday, September 8, 2007

LITTLE ORPHANT DOLLY

I keep telling myself, "C, you do not need anymore dolls!!". My goodness, never thought I would ever reach that point. It is positively stupifing. What a Hoot. Oh, I'm still silly about dolls. I go through eBay everyday. And some other doll sites. Just to look. HAH.
In the past five years, I have purchased a doll a year. That is on top of the dolls my friend made for me and we did a swop thing, sort of.
This is the doll I had come home to me this month. She is 12" tall. A poor soiled little thing. And no, I am not going to wash her. It would ruin her value and provenance. I will just give her a good brushing with a soft brush. I think she originally had a bonnet or hat. Because she hasn't any yarn hair on the back of her head. I am pretty sure she was made from a pattern by Edith Flack Ackley. She quite well made too. The person who made her, was a good sewer and likely liked dolls.
I had only sort of leaned her up on the shelf and we took a pic. She is not drunk. Maybe just tired from her long trip across country. She hasn't a name. So I just call her: the Orphant doll.

No comments: