Thursday, September 27, 2007

REMEMBER SEPTEMBER

Try To Remember-

The theme song from 'The Fantastick's' is another of my favorite songs. I really like Ed Ames version. His voice is so beautiful it resonates with me. We saw the play when it was in the city long ago. It is a heart catcher. Jerry Orbach originated the main character, 'El Gallo', on Broadway. I don't know the year. We saw a road troupe.
---------------------------------------------------
Try to remember the kind of September
when life was slow and oh so mellow,
Try to remember the kind of September
when grass was green and grain was yellow.
Try to remember the kind of Septemember;
when you were a tender and callow fellow.
Try to remember and if you remember
then follow,
follow, follow etc.

Look up the song, on the internet. There are two more lovely verses. I am a bit hesitent to to do the entire lyrics. Because of copyrights.

No comments: