Friday, June 1, 2007

JABBERWOCKY

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
all mimsy were the borogoves
and the momraths outgrabe.
--------------------------------
This is the first verse of a nonsense poem by Lewis Carroll.
I used to recite it to amuse my younger brother. Or, so I thought.
Finally one day after he was an adult this subject came up.
And he told me all that time it gave him nightmares because it was so scarey.
I said, " well, why didn't you say something?. Besides it is just a poem about bravery."
He said, " he hadn't wanted to dissapoint me. "
Oh for heaven's sake!
I tried it out on his two boys. They just thought it was silly, and they hadn't a clue as to what it meant. I didn't enlighten them on it.
----------------------------------------------------
Isn't that one of the silliest things you ever heard?

No comments: