Sunday, January 20, 2008

IT'S C-O-OL-L-D-D

I am just trying to survive the cold. For few years there, after working in the freezing flower shops. I thought I had gotten rather immune to cold. But, this year it caught up to me. This year, the cold is really bothering me.
Today, when Hb. went out. He actually found some Primrose bedding plants for me. He is not going to plant them until we see when the weather is amenable.
I have been reading a book, 'Queen Without A Country' about Berengaria of Navarre, who had the misfortune to be married to Richard the 'Lionheart'. I found out something that, until now has always been glossed over for some reason, in history. Navarre was a Basque kingdom. Berengaria was a Basque Princess.
Makes me wonder, what would have been the outcome for the basques today, if Berengaria had a son for the Plantagenets. That poor girl was badly used. But, so were all Princesses, always. They were only pawns on the chessboards of history. With only a very few exceptions.

No comments: