Wednesday, May 9, 2007

POTTERY CLASS-Part 2

My Mom never got to attend college. That is what so very extra special. You see, because of the Depression. Neither of my parents went to college. In fact they weren't able to even finish High school. They both had had dreams of obtaining higher education. But, because of economic situations, it was it was not to be. So, I was the first one in my immediate family to ever attend college. My older brother did finish high school. But, my younger brother just became so frustrated that he quit in his sophomore year. Turns out that years later, through my oldest nephew, I found out we all had DYSLEXIA. Not Mom. It was inherited from my Dad's side of the family. Plagued all the boys through school. Three of them finished high school and went to college. But, two didn't. However those two did make it to pass the GEDs.
---------------------------------------------------------
It was lovely. Mom stayed a week with me. I wish she could have stayed longer. But, we both were concerned that there could to be gossip.

I am going to do a separate entry about my parents.
Very interesting.

No comments: